Welcome to Summit Hill District 161!
Click here for kindergarten registration for 2015-2016 school year.
To register a student new to the District this school year, please come to the District Administrative Center, 20100 South Spruce Dr. in Frankfort between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. (Please call 815-469-9103 if special arrangements are needed.)
To complete the process, a parent will need to bring:
- Your child’s certified birth certificate (with certification seal)
- ONE document from Category 1 AND at least TWO documents from Category 2, all of which
must be acceptable to the District.
- Category 1
- Most recent property tax bill (homeowners) showing parent as taxpayer
- Mortgage papers or mortgage coupon book (homeowners)
- Closing papers – Closing must have occurred BEFORE registration
- Signed, dated, and notarized lease agreement AND proof of last month's payment (renters)
- Housing letter (military personnel)
- If the parent is not the actual homeowner, the owner of the property AND the parent must prove residency by providing ONE document from Category 1 and
TWO documents from Category 2. Affidavit of Residency Part 1 and Part 2 must also be completed.
- Category 2
- Most recent gas/electric/water bill or official start notice
- Current driver's license/state ID
- Current vehicle registration
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Current public aid card